Thomas Aquinas College, New England, Open House: Slideshow

Gwynith Hayden

Two buildings, currently unused, on the campus grounds will be refurbished for future student use.

Gwynith Hayden, Photo Editor

Thomas Aquinas College, New England, hosted an open house on its new campus and is now accepting student applications for this fall.

Over 200 people attended the open house in April.

Many of the attendees at the open house were prospective students, including many MODG students.

The open house began with Mass in the Sage Chapel, and included a panel discussion with faculty and graduate members, as well as a tour of the campus building and grounds.

Open house attendees were able to see many of the buildings that will be opened to students next school year, including the commons, classroom and dormitory buildings.

MODG 11th grader Lucia Hoeing talked about her impressions of Thomas Aquinas College after the open house. “It seems like a very unique school to go to. It is super unique in the way that they incorporate the Catholic faith into everything that you are learning,” Lucia told MODG News.

Another MODG student, 8th grader Viola Townsend, commented on the effect the open house had on her consideration of the college.“It is something I will think about more seriously now that I have seen what people think and heard their questions and realized exactly what they are teaching here,” Viola said.

Thomas Aquinas College, New England, is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year and 2019 summer program.

High school juniors can attend the summer program on the New England campus from July 28th to August 10th.

John Jost, the Associate Director of Admissions, encourages students to experience the summer program on the New England Campus: “…it’s a fantastic experience to get an idea of what it is like to live as a student, to experience the discussion method, the difference in the kind of classroom style, and especially the culture of the college,” Mr. Jost said.

For more information on how to apply, visit the Thomas Aquinas College website.