Student Jacob Croix Talks Golf

MODG+student+golfer+Jacob+Croix+

Robyn Croix

MODG student golfer Jacob Croix

Interview with MODG student golfer, Jacob Croix

Q. How long have you been playing golf?
– I have been playing golf since I was 12 years old.

Q. What is your favorite part about playing?
– My favorite part about playing golf is the unpredictability. You can have a really bad hole or round one day, then the very next day you can have the best round of your life.

Q. How often do you play golf?
– On average I play golf 3-4 times a week with tournaments every other weekend, depending on my school schedule.

Q. How many holes do you usually play?
– I try to get in as many as I can, which is usually between 15 and 18 holes, although I sometimes only have time for 6. The most I’ve played in one day is 27, so it really depends on how much time I can spend on the golf course.

Q. What life lessons has playing golf taught you?
– Golf has taught me to always be positive. Being positive on the golf course has helped me to play better and have more fun, and I think I can relate that to everyday life.

Q. Do you have any likes or dislikes about playing golf?
– I like how golf challenges me to play better. The moment I think golf is getting easy, I can fall into a really bad slump. I also like that golf is an individual sport, so whether I play good or bad on any given day relies solely on myself.

Q. What advantages or disadvantages come with being homeschooled and playing golf?
– The schedule that homeschooling has given me is very beneficial compared to public school. The only disadvantage is that I am not allowed to join a high school golf team.

Q. Have you ever thought about playing golf professionally in the future?
– When I first started out, I imagined myself playing professionally in the future, but a couple years ago I decided to be a commercial pilot for the airlines, so I think I will only play golf for fun when I get older.

Q. Do you plan on continuing to play golf after high school?
– Yes, I plan on playing golf competitively through college.

Q. What advice would you give to a person who is just starting to play golf?
– My best advice is to get to the course as much as you can, whether it’s playing 18 holes with friends or just practicing short game. The only way you can improve is if you practice, so get out there and have fun.