NHS Induction Ceremony

Graphic+by+Gwynith+Hayden.+Made+on+Canva.+

Graphic by Gwynith Hayden. Made on Canva.

Katherine Sharafinski, Co-Editor in Chief

On Friday, September 21st, the MODG Pope Leo XIII Chapter of the National Honor Society had the first

Official NHS Induction Pledge. Graphic by Katherine Sharafinski. Made on Canva.

meeting of the school year and welcomed its newest members in with the official induction ceremony.

The online ceremony began with a warm welcome by the chapter advisor, Chris Sebastian.  He explained the four pillars of NHS: scholarship, leadership, service and character. Chris then led the new students in a beautiful pledge to mark their beginnings as members.

“The price of leadership is sacrifice. The willingness to yield one’s personal interests for the interests of those around them. A leader has self-confidence and will go forward when others hesitate,”- NHS Official Induction Ceremony 

Mother of Divine Grace School founder and principal, Mrs. Laura Berquist, also gave an inspiring speech to the students.

“You have been given an amazing gift in your families and in your education…You have this wonderful opportunity to take that formation and give it back.”- Laura Berquist

On account of their academic excellence, examples of service, good character, and commitment to leadership, the students named in our feature image have been this year formally inducted into the National Honor Society. Please take a moment to congratulate them in the comments below!