MODG News

MODG News

MODG News

Contact Us

Student Jobs Outside School
Picture of the Day: May 12: Kentucky

Picture of the Day: May 12: Kentucky

May 13, 2024

MODG Student and Siblings at World Youth Day 2023

May 13, 2024

Picture of the Day: May 10: Kentucky

Picture of the Day: May 10: Kentucky

May 11, 2024

8th Annual Fiat Conference in California

Lucia Viloria

The Fiat Conference is an annual conference for Catholic women based in Southern California at the historical home of the Tierney family (Kendra Tierney of Catholic All Year). This year, the 8th year of Fiat, was the first time the conference was sponsored by third parties, including our very own Mother of Divine Grace School!

The Fiat conference first assembled in 2015 through the leadership of Mrs. Tierney and Mrs. Micaela Darr, with the intent of bringing together female Catholic bloggers and writers, later opening its doors to all Catholic women. The conference is now managed by a fluctuating group of Catholic women from the greater Los Angeles area, and has taken Our Lady as its patroness, choosing a new Marian apparition each year to serve as the conference’s theme.

The conference gathered this October for the 8th time, taking Our Lady Star of the Sea as its patroness and inspiration. The conference included talks by a diverse variety of speakers and an artisan fair where Catholic vendors from the surrounding area showcased and sold their creations.

This year was the Fiat Conference’s first time accepting sponsorships from other Catholic organizations. Fiat’s leadership chose a handful of trusted sponsors that they had worked with personally in the past, including MODG, represented by Mrs. Stephanie Sebastian.

If you’re a Catholic woman (16 and older) in Southern California, I highly recommend visiting the Fiat Conference next year! It’s a lovely day of connecting with God and fellow women in a beautiful and Christ-filled setting.

For more information, visit the Fiat Conference website: https://www.fiatconference.com.

“Hail, star of the sea, blessed Mother of God and ever Virgin, happy gate of heaven. // Receiving that Ave from the mouth of Gabriel, establish us in peace, changing the name of Eve. // Loosen the chains of sinners, give light to the blind, drive away our ills, obtain for us all good things. // Show thyself a mother, may he hear thy prayers who, born for us, was willing to be thy Son.” ~Ave Maris Stella, verses 1-4