2018 MODG Graduation

Abigail Lovold, VOX Reporter

On May 26, 2018, MODG will hold a graduation for the class of 2018! There will be a Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony at Thomas Aquinas College in Ojai, California, followed by a reception for the graduating seniors and their families. The night before, they will attend a mandatory rehearsal on May 25.

This will the be the second graduation ceremony MODG has hosted since last spring. Chris Sebastian spoke of last year’s graduation, saying, “Last year’s graduation ceremony was an enormous success, especially for our first event of this nature!  We had an amazing turnout of 50 graduates, much larger than we were expecting for our first year.”

During the ceremony, Julia Fassero, a National Honor Society MODG student and 2016-17 VOX Editor-In-Chief, gave the senior address, followed by the commencement speech given by Laura Berquist.  Each student then received a diploma, the sign that they were truly graduates of Mother of Divine Grace School.

The celebration continued with a reception at St. Sebastian School. Though they didn’t hand out yearbooks, each graduating senior did receive a book specially chosen by Laura Berquist called “The Lamb’s Supper” by Scott Hahn, which they signed as each other’s yearbooks.

Next year’s graduation will be just as memorable, and Chris Sebastian even talked about organizing different activities for the graduates in the local area, such as hikes, beach sports, and more!

Please look for more information about this exciting event in the upcoming weeks. We hope to see you all there!