Sunday Morning Pancakes

Sunday Morning Pancakes

It’s early Sunday morning. The house is quiet, and Mass isn’t till 11am. What are you going to do with all of that spare time? You could pick up the Hobbit; maybe you’ll watch The Princess Bride, but you’ve done that before. It’s time for something new…like these pancakes!

This pancake recipe is my family’s go-to for Sunday mornings. We’ve been making it for years. It’s quick, simple and delicious.

Ingredient list:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
2 Tb. sugar
2 lg. eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups buttermilk
¼ cup vegetable oil

Combine 2 cups flour, 2½ tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, ¾ tsp. salt, and 2 Tb. sugar; stir well. Combine 2 eggs, 2 cups buttermilk, and ¼ cup oil in a separate bowl. Add this to the flour mixture, and stir just until ingredients are moistened. The batter should be a bit lumpy, not totally homogeneous.

For each pancake, pour about ¼ cup of batter onto a lightly greased, hot griddle or frying pan. Cook the pancakes until the tops are covered in bubbles, and the edges look cooked. If you want to add chocolate chips, nuts or dried berries, sprinkle them on this uncooked side before flipping.

Flip the pancakes, and spread butter on the cooked side. Cook until done. Both sides should be golden-brown, and cooked through the middle. Serve with warm maple syrup.

MODG News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All MODG News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.