Productivity, Part Two

Before getting reading this blog post, make sure you’ve read “Productivity, Part One.

Now that we’ve dealt with the “big picture” of productivity, it’s time to deal with the nitty-gritty. Here are five simple tips for completing more tasks during your day!

1. Less is More

Pinterest is dangerous, folks. This is probably more applicable to the ladies out there, but have you ever rummaged through the “study aesthetics” boards? I remember that at one time during freshman year,  I attempted to color code my highlighters for history: green for dates, purple for names, etc. It took a ridiculously long time, and I abandoned the practice. No wonder ninth grade was a hot mess!  Practices to that effect are only going to eat your time. A tip here: find a few tools that really help you, maybe tabs or a particular pen brand that keeps your work neat, and forget the fancy stuff.

2. Make Your Homework Zone Your Haven

Sometimes studying is a good way to unwind. I know it sounds insane, but it can clear your mind of some of the more complicated things going on in your life. Take advantage of that idea. One way to do this is to keep your desk or space clean (not cluttered with tools and notes 24/7!), approachable, and welcoming.

3. Become An Expert In Mornings

“He who fears the Lord will accept his discipline, and those who rise early to seek Him will find favor.” (Sirach 32:14, RSV).  Rise early and seek Him.  As a Christian, starting out your mornings with Jesus (and implementing the surrender strategy we talked about on our last post) is invaluable.  Forming a general morning routine and starting with prayer are as essential for a good day as preheating the oven for a cake.

4. One Day At a Time

While it is fruitful to use a monthly calendar and even plan out a general schedule for your week, the reality is that everything will not go as planned. It’s part of the whole package of surrender and acceptance that comes with being a Christian: you will not get everything done. And that shouldn’t be so discouraging because it’s all in His hands. Don’t over-plan on Sunday so that by Tuesday, you’re behind and stressed. Take it one day at a time.

5. Want to Get Motivated? Get to Work.  

I know that doesn’t sound like a tip, but here’s the honest truth: if you don’t start off your day by getting things done, you most likely won’t finish it that way. I’m guilty of this, too. If, however, you convince yourself that you can complete that timed essay, tackle that horrendously long Latin exercise, and take your religion test early in the day, you will be more equipped to move on to the next thing. You have that potential to motivate yourself.

Thanks for reading! Send us some of your tips via Instagram (@modgvoxnews) or Facebook (@modgnews). Remember, if there is a topic you want discussed or question you want answered, you can contact us through Letter to the Editor.

MODG News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All MODG News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.