Raphael

Photo Credit: www.whitehouse.gov/blog

The First 100 Days of President Donald J. Trump: Week 9

A lot happened during the 9th week of President Trump’s presidency, March 25th-31st. Check out some of the highlights below:

Saturday, 3/25: President Donald Trump signed the NASA Transition Authorization Act of 2017, the first to be passed by Congress in more than six years. He also celebrated the 196th anniversary of Greek Independence.

Monday, 3/27: President Trump issued an Executive Order on the Revocation of Federal Contracting Executive Orders. President Trump along with Vice President Pence also met and spoke with woman small business owners as well as signed four bills under the Congressional Review Act to try to eliminate harmful as well as job-killing regulations, announced the White House Office of American Innovation, with Senior Advisor Jared Kushner as head of the effort, and signed into law H.J.Res. 37, H.J.Res.44, H.J.Res. 57, and H.J.Res. 58. Additionally, President Trump nominated Althea Coetzee to be Deputy Administrator of the Small Business Administration, Scott Gottlieb to be Commissioner of Food and Drugs, Department of Health and Human Services, and William Francis Hagerty to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to Japan.

Tuesday, 3/28: President Trump approved the Nevada Disaster Declaration as well as attended and spoke at a reception for Senators and their spouses. He also signed an Executive Order on Promoting Energy Independence and Economic Growth, signed S. 305 into law, and attended a listening session with the Fraternal Order of Police.

Wednesday, 3/29: President Trump signed an Executive Order on Establishing the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis. He also attended and spoke at a Listening Session on opioids and drug abuse and the Women’s Empowerment Panel.

Thursday, 3:30: President Trump met with the Prime Minister of Denmark and announced key additions to his Administration.

Friday, 3/31: President Trump signed H.J.Res. 42 into law, attended and spoke at a Listening Session with the National Association of Manufacturers, and hosted the Women’s Empowerment Panel. He also proclaimed April as Cancer Control Month, National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month, National Financial Capability Month, National Donate Life Month, and National Child Abuse Prevention Month. He also proclaimed April 2nd as World Autism Awareness Day. Additionally, President Trump signed three Executive Orders: Omnibus Report on Significant Trade Deficits, Providing an Order of Succession Within the Department of Justice and Establishing Enhanced Collection and Enforcement of Antidumping and Countervailing Duties and Violations of Trade and Customs Laws.