The First 100 Days of Donald J. Trump: Week 8

Take a look at the highlights of President Trump’s eighth week in office.

03/18: In his weekly address President Trump discussed the repeal of “eleventh hour executive action” that was threatening thousands of jobs across America. Meanwhile, Vice President Mike Pence talked about President Trump’s mission to repeal and replace Obamacare.

03/19: Multiple judges from the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit released dissenting opinions regarding the Court’s decision to freeze President Trump’s entry ban. President Trump met with military personnel and held meetings regarding China and North Korea.

03/20: At a meeting with the House Pro-Life Caucus, Vice President Pence reaffirmed his and President Trump’s commitment to fighting for the unborn. In addition, President Trump announced his nominee for Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis at the Department of Homeland Security: David J. Glawe of Iowa.

03/21: President Trump signed in as law the NASA Transition Authorization Act of 2017, which provides support for NASA and its explorations. President Trump also declared March twenty-first as National Agriculture Day.

03/22: President Trump approved the declaration that a “major disaster exists in the state of Wyoming”. He ordered Federal assistance for areas affected by the severe winter storm and straight-line winds that occurred from February 6 to February 7. Supreme Court Nominee Judge Gorsuch has been receiving overwhelming support from the American Bar Association, The Washington Post, and individual senators. He has successfully withstood and subdued attacks by Democrats; proving that he is, as the Detroit News said, “an even-tempered, deeply knowledgeable nominee who should be confirmed by the Senate”.

03/23: Discussions between US and Israeli delegations, which had gone on for four days, concluded with the delegates agreeing on strategies for lasting peace among Israel and Palestine and improving the countries’ economic development.

03/24: President Trump met with Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi in the Oval Office reaffirming America’s support of Iraq in the fight against ISIS.