Amor+Terrae

Amor Terrae

Hi everyone and welcome to the MODG News outdoors blog! Amor Terrae means “Love of the Earth” in Latin. The mission of this blog is to promote care and appreciation for nature through blog posts.

We have some great blogs on MODG News, but for all of you who love nature and being outdoors, this is the place to be.

The posts that you’ll see on this blog will be a lively collection of information on outdoor activities such as camping and hiking, and biology features such as different ecosystems and neat animals from around the world.

You’ll also learn about influential people in history, such as Teddy Roosevelt, who came up with the idea of National Parks. Speaking of National Parks, it’s their 100th anniversary this year. We hope you all enjoy the blog, and if you have anything you’d like to see, please submit a Letter to the Editor!

Sts. Francis of Assisi and Albert, pray for us!

“The heavens declare the glory of God…” ~Psalm 19:1

Protecting Wildlife: The problem with green energy
MODG Family Working Farm
My Own Backyard
My Backyard
God’s Lovely Gift: The Stars
Pick Up Your Trash! Our Parents are Right
Canoe Trip with Troops of St. George
Extreme Camping

Vermicomposting

Vermicomposting is the practice of using worms to produce great compost. Anyone can compost this way, it’s easy, affordable, and doesn’t require a great deal of space. To start vermicomposting, you will need a habitat for your worms, the right type of worms, base materials, kitchen scraps, and something with which to harvest your compost. Bins like this one can be purchased online. ...

Bunch of Bombus?
The Changing Seasons
Amor Terrae: The Budding of Spring
Amor Terrae: Bald Eagles
Amor Terrae: Camping

MODG News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All MODG News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.