Aline English

Anime art by Aline

Aline and Anime

Aline English, when asked when and why she first started doing art she said, “I was doing art since I could hold a paint brush, even though I was around the age of 9 or 10 when I really wanted to do art seriously.”

PicMonkey Collage two redoThe New Jersey 10th grader’s journey into anime art is interesting, as she explained, “I started with studying Disney and was introduced to other styles soon after. Some of the styles from TV shows mainly that lead me to where I am are: Batman the animated series (series 4 and 5 is my main preference), Avatar the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra and also Teen Titans.”

Aline English, anime artist
English family
Aline English, anime artist

Anime, or the Japanese version of cartoon art, is Aline’s preferred drawing style because of its uniqueness. Regarding Aline’s anime technique she said, “I am a person who likes to keep to the style but also tries to keep it very simplistic. I try to make my art appeal to as many people as I can.”

Aline definitely plans on going into a career in art. She elaborated, “I am hoping for an illustrating job or maybe work in animation.”

Here is Aline’s advice to those who are thinking trying anime, “Many a person might think that anime is so hard to draw, when in reality it is just a bunch of shapes. If one learns to break down a character into shapes, then you’ve got this style in the bag. And as always, even though lots of people hear this, practice makes perfect!”

PicMonkey Collage one redo