The Beginnings of a Blog

Here is a quick introduction as to how this blog came about.

For a number of months now, John Ball and I, Mary Rose Gallipeau, have been playing with the idea of creating a music blog. We love the arts, as do many, many of our fellow peers, so we figured– there are writing, cooking and photography blogs…why not arts?

JohnBallWell, we did have questions.

How would we approach a subject matter that is so free in nature? Would our blog be sustainable? Could we design the blog from its foundation to be long-lasting? Are we capable of creating essentially a collaborative community of MODG artists within the next semester? All these inquires and more were swirling in our minds; if we were going to do something, we wanted to do it right!

That all being said, we hope that we’ve found the formula to a sustainable, successful arts blog: flexibility.

pic for art blogFirst off, John and I are seniors. We won’t be here forever to run the blog, and so we hope, when we graduate, the blog will continue on under new command.

John and I are both musicians and therefore will focus mainly on music this semester. However, we purposely have kept our title and mission statement broad in the hopes that artists from other mediums (dance, drawing, etc.) will want to work on the blog, now, or in the future. All artists are entirely welcome! Truly, the more the merrier!

Secondly, with our flexibility, we hope to translate the freedom of the fine arts to our readers. The arts breathe and move with creativity, and this blog should be the same way.

We hope you visit the blog often and enjoy learning more about the artists among us.