Meet Your Teacher: Lauren Fredrickson

I met my husband when I was on a girls’ date with my roommate in college. We were going to a movie, and we happened to bump into Brad (my now husband), his mother, and a friend, who were going to the same movie. My roommate and my future husband went to high school together and so there were warm exchanges between all of us. I was dating someone else at the time so I had very little interest in Brad, other than shaking hands and saying hello. However, we all decided to sit together in the movie theater, and Brad held the popcorn for all of us to share.

I had a really hard time focusing on the movie because Brad literally stared at me the whole time. To the point where he was sitting sideways in his seat with this little grin on his face. Creepy. All I wanted was his popcorn.

After the movie we didn’t see each other for about 30 days (which after that movie I was totally okay with), and by that time I had broken up with my boyfriend and was enjoying a life with simply me and God. Then Brad walked into my coffee shop, walked right up to the counter, and said, “Hi, Lauren! How are you doing?”

I had totally forgotten his name.

From then on we formed a friendship and God wrote the rest, although it took me three months to figure out his name wasn’t Brian. Needless to say I met my husband at a movie theater and he was the creepiest guy there. Lauren Fredrickson

USE Lauren Magnan