My Backyard

Life Blossoms on the Farm in Spring.

Spring has finally sprung! Spring is a beautiful time of year with all of the new life after a winter with everything being dead and cold outside. Spring means new baby animals including calves, lambs, piglets, chicks, and many more.

Maybe if you live on a farm,like I do, you get to see these new lives all the time. Around this time of year there are calves and lambs being born every few days.

A couple of months ago, it was piglets being born in large batches. Or maybe you live in the city where there aren’t any farm animals.

No matter where you are, spring brings life and beauty back. It may not be easy to see, if you’re used to it, but, step outside and pretend like you’re somewhere new.

God’s gifts through nature can be seen anywhere if you look hard enough. It might just be the birds who have come back after a winter in the south, or maybe you get to see those new animals being born. It could even be a flowering weed that, while you might not like in your garden, has its own certain sense of beauty to it.

Another possibility, if you live without a backyard, is to plant your own flowers in pots inside.

Besides flowers you can plant vegetables or herbs such as tomatoes, basil, cilantro, or many other choices.

It might give you something to keep you busy, and make you happy when it does grow. In addition, you would have the joy of eating them and knowing you grew it!

So get off the electronics or out of the books and go outside. Plant something! Enjoy God’s gifts in nature while you are able to do so.

MODG News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All MODG News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.