Kadi: the Written Word Artist

kadi martinKadi Martin started hand-lettering about two years ago when she was introduced to the art form by a friend. “I just loved how she could make the words look so beautiful. I wanted to be able to do what she did, so I did a lot of research online and found a lot of helpful things on Pinterest that helped me get started,” said the MODG senior from St. Maries, Idaho.

PicMonkey Collage kadiWhen asked why she liked hand-lettering Kadi replied, “I love making words look beautiful, because they’re how we communicate. Words are powerful. The feeling of putting ink on untouched paper just makes me happy. It’s also become a really popular thing in the last couple of years, so it’s cool getting to see what other people can do and try to make your own stuff even better.”

Not only is hand-lettering aesthetically pleasing but it is also quite useful, “One of my favorite things I like to use hand lettering for is to write out addresses to people. This year I did it for all 150 Christmas cards we sent to family and friends. It’s also fun to write out quotes and hang them on my wall or give them to people, or letter messages all over our giant chalkboard in the kitchen. I basically apply it to anything having to do with words.”

Additionally Kadi plans on lettering some chalkboards for her friend’s wedding. For those thinking of venturing into the art of hand-lettering Kadi notes, “It’s…a relaxing hobby for me that I like to use it to de-stress.”

MODG News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All MODG News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.