Courtney the Dancer

Courtney the Dancer

Courtney Jacobson started dancing five years ago and has done a variety of of styles including ballet, jazz, modern, contemporary, hip-hop, street jazz, and tap. Out of all those many types of dance, ballet is where Courtney is most talented,and for that reason it is her favorite. When asked why she likes to dance the MODG  11th grader  said, “I love dance because it’s one of my favorite ways to glorify God!”

Courtney Jacobson in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"
Courtney Jacobson in “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers”

Recently, Courtney enjoyed the new experience of choreographing her own routine for a dance video for a scholarship application. She was successful in receiving the scholarship which will allow her to visit France as an exchange student through Compass, U.S.A.. Courtney  explained a little of her choreographing history, “Ever since I was little, my sisters and I would choreograph a bunch of dances to our favorite songs and perform them for our family. I’ve been doing it for a long time but it doesn’t come very naturally to me so I prefer dancing over choreographing.”

Although Courtney does not plan on continuing her dancing throughout college, save for what she will do for fun, she is currently  busy having gotten the lead as Belle in Beauty and the Beast put on by the Christian Youth Theater.

Watch Courtney dance in this video she made for the scholarship application.